Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Revelation of the day

I have been trying to read through the bible since January. I am on a read the bible in one year plan. I read 1 chapter in the Old, 1 in the New, 1 Psalm and 1 Proverb. However, I must admit that I have slacked off lately...a lot. This week I have started a new work out plan to get fit by the time I go on my cruise in August. Some say I may have started too early, but I don't want to kill myself all summer. So I am going slow and starting early. With this new workout plan it made me aware of another plan I was failing at...my bible plan. So this morning I sat back and read 3 days worth to get caught up. I am going to do that until I am on track where I should be. You may be asking where the revelation came from...it wasn't in realizing that I wasn't reading the bible anymore it came from what I read this morning.

I picked up in Exodus chapter 24. I will give you a brief synopsis, Moses goes up the mountain to meet with the Lord and has talked to the people and they all agree to do everything the Lord has commanded.  The next day Moses builds an altar for the Lord. Moses sacrifices bulls as a peace offering. This is the gross part...Moses drains half the blood from the bulls and splatters that on the altar. Moses again goes to the people and reads from the Book of the Covenant and again the people agree to do everything the Lord commanded. Then Moses takes the other half of the blood he drained and splatters it out in the crowd of people telling them the blood is the sign of the covenant with the Lord that they will follow his instructions.

So after I read that and called Jenna to tell her what I read and email Bo to tell him what I read I had a revelation. I am so very thankful that God sent his Son to die on a cross and have HIS blood shed for me and for the sins of the people on earth. How lucky we are that we don't have to sacrifice animals on the altar.  God provided a way for us to be forgiven and live with Him in paradise. He sent his only son to die for us. I know we hear that all the time and it is powerful, but after reading what Moses did as a sign of the promise to God, it made it 10 times more powerful to me. To know that all I have to do is believe, repent accept and chose to follow after Him everyday...that seems like I am getting off so easy compared to Jesus. But, then again he knew from the very beginning of time what the plan would be. It is God's perfect plan and for that I am so thankful for the love that God gives us and the love that Jesus showed by dying on the cross for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment