Friday, April 8, 2011

Women's Retreat 2011

A couple weekends ago I went on the MBC Women’s Retreat. I had a blast. I formed relationships with some women that I otherwise wouldn’t have. I made deeper bonds with my friends and even conquered a lifelong fear of mine…HEIGHTS! Well maybe conquered is a strong word, but I definitely, literally jumped out there. Below are some of my favorite pictures form the weekend with a caption or two on why I love the picture so much!

  I have never been on a girls road tirp before...these two ladies made it a blast!!! We sang and talked and laughed a lot!



 I just adore these two! They have a mother/daughter bond like no other. I was glad I could capture this sweet moment between them.

 Leah turned out to be the master swing pusher :)



 Cabin # 8!!!



I did not know Paige very well but I am so glad God brought her into my life. She is an amazing example of what a God fearing woman looks and acts like. This moment brought it all home for me. In the midst of her message, Paige was struggling with her mind and her thoughts. She had to stop and take a moment to regroup. I thought that if nothing else happened the rest of the weekend, this moment will always stick with me. We have to step back sometimes and face the hard issues head on. We have to allow God to block out our inner-voice and give him control of our mind. So often our own thoughts are what tear us down. I just can't explan the impact this simple act had on my life!  

I signed up to do the zip-line...I did not sign up to do it alone! I made Kacey do it with me otherwise there was no way I was climbing up that ladder and going alone. She has already informed me she will pull that card out and guilt me with it at some point! HAHA

Together we faced our fears. We have a special kind of bond now...we didn't die :)


 The cross made me worthy of God's unfailing love. Thank you for the cross, Lord!

 LaLa and Angela had some fun surprises for me...that I promptly passed on to the rest of my cabin :) Thanks for making my first women's retreat the best!!!

The whole group! 

The Spice Girls showed up to put on a quick show... 

"No more pictures, Courtney"  

I just love her face!!!




Thanks to the MBC Women's Ministry Team for a great retreat!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay! It is great to read about some of what you learned and felt. And you'll love that you have documented this!

    ReplyDelete