Friday, May 20, 2011

Not just a student worker

Once in awhile someone walks into our life and changes it. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does you feel the impact forever. One person can open your eyes to see things more clear. I have had the privilege of this happening to me many times in my life. The first, was my friend Taryn who passed away a couple years ago. She showed me how God can change your life forever if we allow him to. By her faithful walk she showed me what was missing in my life and what I so desperately wanted. The second, was Beth Moore. No bible study can rock my world like hers do. Every time I amazed by her knowledge and her love of God. I want to be on fire for Him for the world to see! I want to live each day making a difference in the lives of others in Jesus' name.

The most recent person to walk in and shake things up was the most unexpected person. A 5 foot nothing, outrageously spunky, with a smile to melt your bad day student worker walked into my life in January. She literally bounces when she walks. She is so fully of energy. And, that's not all. She is full to the brim with God's love. She pours that love out everywhere she goes to everyone she encounters. What started as an employer/employee relationship has grown into a life long friendship. Everyday she came into work she was happy to be there no matter the task. We laughed a lot, we worked hard and we prayed openly with each other. Ariel didn't just help me in the office, she helped me spiritually. She could sense when I was stressed out and would just pray for me right there. She came to me for advice and truly took to heart what I said.

I am always amazed by the people that come in and out of our lives. It sometimes seems like we meet people at the exact moment we need them. Even if we don't know we need them at that time. Looking back over this semester I realized that this was a pretty stressful time in my new job and I believe that God brought Ariel to me knowing she would help me through the busy times and keep me calm when I started to get frazzled. Everyday she left with a smile. Everyday she walked in happy to be there. I am so thankful for the little treasure that God brought into my life. I wish her the best in nursing school. I know that she will do incredible things!


Hey Ariel, I want you to have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment