Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Unfailing Love

It has been too long since I have posted anything! I have had something on my heart for a couple weeks now. I have even made notes all over my "to-do" pad at work with this particular blog idea. As you may know I am on a one year bible plan. I am reading (sometimes) daily a few passages from the Old, New, Psalm and Proverbs. I was reading through Exodus and 9 times in a matter of 5 days I read the phrase "unfailing love" in reference to God. I started writing down each time I aw that phrase and got to be too much. Not only is it in Exodus but it is all over Psalm. In fact I had to look up how many times that phrase occurs...32 times! 32 times you will read about God's unfailing love for us. I think He wants us to know he is serious about that.

I love God's Word so much. No matter the kind of day I am having I can always open up my bible app (yes, I read off my iphone at work..don't judge) and there before me is God's faithful promise to love me always. His unfailing love for me is evident everyday. In my husband, my friends, my family, my work... I see bits of His love in everything I do. My favorite verse that I read is Psalm 32:10, " Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the LORD." I just love that. It made me stop and think about all the "bad" things in my life..I couldn't find anything. I know that things aren't perfect but when I stop to think of my life and what God has provided I am overwhelmed. His unfailing love pours out on me daily! My hope and trust is in the Lord and he HAS provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment